MKVToolNix v19.0.0 已发布，虽然不是一个大版本发布，但仍然包含了一些功能增强，以及性能方面的改进，Windows 用户应该会明显感觉到。
值得注意的是，MKVToolNix 项目的源代码库、bug 跟踪器和 wiki 已迁移至 GitLab，该项目现在还包含一个 行为准则 。
- mkvmerge: splitting by duration, by timestamps or by timestamp-based parts: mkvmerge will now consider the first key frame within 1ms of the requested value to be eligible for splitting.
- MKVToolNix GUI: the GUI will now save and restore the widths of columns in tree and list views. Implements #2057.
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: when closing or reloading a modified file, the GUI will now focus the first element that’s been modified before asking the user for confirmation regarding discarding unsaved changes.
- mkvmerge: fixed reading text files encoded in UTF-16 order UTF-32 that have different forms of line endings (new lines, carriage returns or a mix of both). Fixes #2160.
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed mkvmerge’s interpretation of edit list entries with
segment_duration == 0 when there’s more than one edit list entry. In that case mkvmerge was reading the whole content more than once. Fixes #2152.
- mkvmerge, GUI’s multiplexer: MIME types: added the
font top-level media types from RFC 8081. This means that the following new MIME types for fonts can be used:
- mkvmerge: MPEG transport stream reader: fixed slow speed on Windows due to lack of buffering.
- mkvextract: fixed slow track extraction speed on Windows due to lack of buffering. Fixes #2166.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: changing the “subtitle/chapter character set” drop-down was ignored when the selected track was a chapter track. Fixes #2165.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: once a “subtitle/chapter character set” was set for a track it couldn’t be changed back to the empty entry (= auto-detection) anymore.
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: fixed re-translating several displayed strings when the GUI language is changed if the language the GUI was started with was not English. Fixes #2159.
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: whenever a file did not contain a “date” element in its segment information section, the GUI would erroneously ask the user to confirm discarding unsaved changes when closing or reloading the tab. Fixes #2167.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: jobs are now saved when their status changes in addition to when the program exits. Fixes #2168.